Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hoping for success....

Hi Everyone,
Well this is my first time EVER blogging and I wanted the point of my blog to be about new recipes, trading recipes, and voicing how things taste.  I am obviously a food lover, picky eater but I am in love with the way things taste.  I hope you find my blog enjoyable and please voice your opinion on any recipe I post or if you have a different version, or idea I would love to hear it!  I am sure I will vent about my personal life also, but you get the picture so here we go....

My first recipe is for a cocktail.  What better way to toast to a new blog?

Luscious Lime Slush
Adults love this sweet-tart refresher any time of the year.  For an easy kids' version, just omit the alcohol.

Prep: 20 min + freezing
Serves 28 (3/4 cups each)

9 cups water
4 individual green tea bags
2 cans (12 oz each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
2 cups sugar
2 cups lemon rum or rum
7 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled

1) Bring water to a boil.  Remove from heat and add tea bags.  Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes  Discard tea bags.  Stir in the limeade concentrate, sugar and rum.
2) Transfer to a 4-qt. freezer container, cool.  Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
3) To use frozen limeade mixture: combine the limeade mixture and soda in a pitcher.  Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cups limeade mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass.  Serve immediately.

I have not tried this yet, but to me it sounds like the perfect summer bbq drink. Nice and refreshing.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Sounds delicious :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome!! So glad you decided to start a blog.. It's fun and addicting.. I will be making this refreshing drink minus the alcohol.. After baby, bring on the alcohol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I'm glad you started a blog. I'm loving the recipe idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound really good! I'm excited to follow your blog Meag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That drink looks yummy!! Maybe your blog will make me want to actually cook something..haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meagan! Welcome to Blog land home of the awesome :)

    That drink looks mighty refreshing! I'm looking forward to follwing
    XO

    ReplyDelete