Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Couple Of Slooooooooow Cookers!

Hey Peeps,
Honestly tonight is the first night I have felt normal and happy and good enough to blog.  I'm not sure if its all the drama in my life or me not getting a good nights sleep or what not but I feel like I have no energy some days. So tonight, things are good. I am happy with what I have right in front of me and thankful.  I love my husband and babes, and my bff support system!  Tonight I wanted to post a couple of slow cooker recipes.  A dip and a recipe for carnitas.  I LOVE the dip. It is always a hit at every party I make it for. It makes a lot though so obviously you could cut it in half for just a couple-few people.  And the carnitas was on the list for the grocery store today so I will be trying it this week :)  So here we go.....

Sander's Dip
4 blocks of cream cheese
1 can of corn drained
1 sm can diced green chilies
1 jar jalapenos drained
2 cans cream of chicken
1 large can of chicken

heat everything together in the crock pot until creamy and mixed together and serve hot with tortilla chips.  you and your guests will love it! the best ever. you can save/refrigerate the rest and heat in the microwave no problem.  it will take a couple of hours in the crock pot so prepare properly.

Slow-Cooked Carnitas
Servings: 12
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 6 hours

 Ingredients

Directions

  • Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Add the onions, cilantro, salsa, broth, tequila and chilies. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
  • Remove meat; cool slightly. Shred with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon about 2/3 cup meat mixture onto each tortilla; serve with toppings of your choice.




  • 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
  • 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 1-1/2 cups minced fresh cilantro
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup tequila or additional chicken broth
  • 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
  • 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
  • Fresh cilantro leaves, sliced red onion and chopped tomatoes, optional

1 comment:

  1. Danielle Hollar = BFF support system haha I love you :) an FYI everyone the dip is delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete